If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. – Wayne Dyer
Do not regret growing older. It’s a privilege denied to many. – Unknown
If you don’t believe in miracles, perhaps you’ve forgotten you ARE one. – Unknown
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. – John Watson
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. – Unknown
We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather recognizing what we do have. – Frederick Keonig
When it comes to the bouncy castle, I do not care about how old I am. I am going in. – thatonerule.com
No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch. – 125pounds.com
The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. – Ann Wigmore
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying “I will try again tomorrow”. – Mary Anne Radmacher
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it’s because it’s fertilized with bullshit. – Unknown
21 Suggestions for Success:
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money even on the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your mom proud.
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Interested in more behind-the-scenes musings about songwriting, creativity, the Nashville music biz and life in general, along with some free songs? Sign up for my email newsletter here.